Philosophy of Ministry – The Reason we do what we do.
1. Because we have a High View of God, namely that He is the holy, righteous, just Creator Owner of all things, and Lawgiver, we will: (Isaiah 6:1-3; Romans 11:33-36).
- Endeavour to make God fully known to all people, and to encourage true authentic worship of God. (2 Peter 1:1-3)
- Endeavour to teach and shepherd all towards personal holiness (1 Peter 1:14-16).
- Endeavour to focus on a God-centred ministry, and not on a man centred ministry (Rev 4:8-11).
- Endeavour to equip all people to adequately deal with sin, and its consequences (1 John 2:1-2)
2. Because we have a High View of God’s Word, namely that it is without error, and the only source divine truth, and necessary for all life and godliness, we will: (2 Tim 3:16; 1 Peter 1:4-7)
- Endeavour to teach scripture in such a way that all will grow in their obedience to the authoritative Word of God.
- Endeavour to teach all people to rely on the Word of God, as opposed to worldly wisdom in throughout their life, and especially whilst dealing with trials and sufferings.
- Endeavour to train all people of all ages to love and submit to the Word of God.
3. Because we have an Informed View of Man, namely that though we were created by God, we have as a result of the Fall a fallen nature that corrupts all of our being, we will (Rom 3:23; 6:23)
- Endeavour to teach all people that they are unable to do any good apart from the saving work of Christ on the cross.
- Endeavour to teach all people that Christ and His Word alone, are the solution to spiritual, emotional and interpersonal problems.
- Endeavour to teach all people to know the wickedness of their own hearts, and the grace of God that is able to overcome that wickedness (sin).
- Endeavour to teach all people that their purpose is to glorify God in all that they do, and not to seek self glorification in this life.
- Endeavour to meet the real needs of all people, not the felt needs.
4. Because we have a High View of Salvation, namely that it is a sovereign work of God, done in the heart of a sinner, that draws the sinner to repentance and faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, we will (Ephesians 2, Galatians 3)
- Endeavour to maintain the truth of God’s sovereignty in the work of salvation.
- Endeavour to teach the truth that salvation is by Grace through faith, in Christ alone.
- Endeavour to teach that man response to the gospel is needed, but that any response of man is as a result of God’s work in the heart of man.
- Endeavour to teach that, though justification is by faith alone, the faith that justifies is never alone, but always results in a changed life that bears fruit.
5. Because we have a High View of the Church, namely that it is the very bride of Christ for which He Himself died to save, and it is the body through which Christ works in this age, we will (Eph 5:22-24; 1 Timothy 3:15)
- Endeavour to ensure the unity of the local church, unity derived around a common love for the bride of Christ.
- Endeavour to teach those within the church of their responsibility to one another and their responsibility to God for their work within the church.
- Endeavour to keep the membership of the church to comprise only of those that are truly children of God.
- Endeavour to make the sure that the church is a light within the community, so that all might be drawn to Christ as a result of our individual and corporate conduct.
- Endeavour to ensure that the church is kept pure from sin and anything that will tarnish the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.
- Endeavour to encourage all to serve with the church in those areas for which the Lord has gifted them.
6. Because we have an Informed View of End Times, the imminent rapture of the church and subsequent 7 year tribulation for the sifting of Israel, followed by the Millennial reign of Jesus Christ, we will:
- Endeavour to teach the distinction between the Church of Christ and the Nation of Israel, during this present age.
- Endeavour to encourage prayer for the salvation of Israel as nation.
- Endeavour to teach the need for repentance as we await the imminent return of Christ and the snatching away of the bride of Christ.
This we do in an effort to Glorify God, through loving His Word, and caring for His sheep.